Sometimes when making a card, I wonder what it would have looked like in a different color or with a different pattern of Designer Series Paper. I decided that when that happens, I’ll just make another! This card came together so easily and the result was so pretty that I was happy to have two. One is already in the mail!
- Both cards use patterns from Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper and the new Sale-a-Bration Glimmer paper in Sweet Sugarplum and Mint Macaron. This glimmer paper is so pretty and unfortunately SOLD OUT. I hope you were able to get some.
- I cut a butterfly using the Bold Butterfly framelit on the Whisper White and Very Vanilla cardstock. Then placed a piece of DSP behind it.
- Two thin strips of glimmer paper are on either side.
- A 2″ piece of Designer Series Paper was layered on the bottom and then a coordinating piece of ribbon wrapped around.
- This layer was adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals for a bit of a lift.
- The beautifully detailed butterfly was cut from the Butterflies thinlits in Glimmer Paper. I popped it using Foam Adhesive Strips. They are a perfect fit on the butterfly body and really lift it off the card for a sparkly 3-D effect.
- The sentiment is from Best Birds stamp set and is stamped in coordinating ink and cut with the Tags & Labels framelits. This is also popped with Dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment is from Designer Tin of Cards stamp set.
- A very thin strip of Glimmer paper along with Designer Series Paper pretty up the inside.
- The photo below shows a few of the products used on both of these cards.
Sale-A-Bration has flown by! Times flies when you’re having fun, right? Only a few days are remaining during Sale-A-Bration— the year’s biggest promotion. To place the cherry on top of the final days of Sale-A-Bration, we have added seven new products!
Don’t forget you have until March 31 to earn free products for every $50 you spend, additional Stampin’ Rewards for a qualifying party, or join and get two stamp sets for free! That is up to a $104.00 value added to your starter kit! The Sale-A-Bration catalogs are full of awesome products that are only available during this promotion. You can check out these catalogs by clicking on them on my sidebar.
If you were ever thinking of JOINING THE FUN, now is the time to do it! I would love to have you on my team. Click here for all the awesome details! This is a WIN/WIN. There is no obligation or risk when you purchase the starter kit…just amazing products at an outstanding value!
Thanks for looking in on my projects today.
The color combination in this pattern from Falling In Love Designer Series Paper just had me thinking “Baby”. It is such a soft and subtle color palette and design.
- The card base is Sahara Sand with a mat of Soft Sky cardstock.
- A few Soft Sky Enamel Shapes add to the sweetness.
- The Soft Sky scalloped oval is cut using the Layering Ovals framelits and the Whisper White oval is cut using the Stitched Shapes framelits.
- The sentiment from Better Together stamp set is stamped in Crumb Cake ink.
- The duck from Something For Baby stamp set is stamped in So Saffron ink and cut out with the Baby’s First framelits.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals give the ovals and the duck just enough lift.
- Cottage Greeting stamp set provided the perfect sentiment for the inside.
Here’s a quick snapshot of some of the products used….
Thank so much for stopping by today.
So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad*
My card share today is a special birthday card for my daughter, Lauren. Lauren is an artist and I knew she would appreciate the Dream Catcher as well as the sentiment.
- The Very Vanilla card base measures 4″ x 6″. Another panel of Very Vanilla with strips of Moroccan Designer Series Paper is popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Dream Catcher was created using a new Lace Doily from the Occasions Catalog and the Layering Circles framelits. These doilies are so pretty and quite sturdy.
- I used Foam Adhesive Strips cut in small strips to adhere it to the card.
- The feathers are not Stampin’ Up! They’re from a set I purchased awhile ago but were just perfect for this project. I stamped them in Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim and Cajun Craze ink.
- I attached the feathers with Linen Thread and dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment is actually two different stamp sets. The first greeting is from Grateful Bunch stamp set and the bottom from Birthday Blossoms. Even though they’re different fonts, they seem to compliment each other and express exactly what I wanted to say.
- Since this was an “off” sized card, I used the Envelope Punch Board to create my envelope.
- Here’s a breakdown of some of the key products I used for this project.
- The Designer Tee stamp set is available as part of Sale-a-Bration and can be earned as a FREE set.
For every $50 you spend (before tax and shipping), you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. The Sale-A-Bration catalogs are full of awesome products that are only available during this promotion. It all ends on March 31st so don’t miss out! You can check out these catalogs by clicking on them on my sidebar.
If you were ever thinking of JOINING THE FUN, now is the time to do it! I would love to have you on my team. Click here for all the awesome details!
Thanks so much for looking in on my project today.
Today’s birthday card is so soft and pretty…truly a very feminine card. The pretty little spray of flowers is from the Touches of Texture stamp set and is so easy to color. I will definitely try some other colors on these delicate little flowers. I used another flower image from this set here.
- The card base is Soft Suede with a mat of Whisper White. Blushing Bride and a piece of Designer Series Paper from Neutrals Collection, also in Soft Suede complete the front.
- I stamped and cut the lace border using the FREE Sale-a-Bration set, Delicate Details. This set has 5 pretty borders.
- I stamped the floral image in Basic Black Archival ink and colored it with Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Markers. Some clear Wink of Stella was added to the flowers for a little sparkle.
- The image was cropped and cut using the Layering Ovals framelits and popped on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The birthday banner is from the Number of Years stamp set and is cut with the coordinating Large Number framelits.
- The simple sentiment is from the Balloon Adventures stamp set.
- A few sequins add the finishing touch!
- I think the envelope may be my favorite part of this project. Adding another lace border from the Delicate Details stamp set to the already embellished envelope flap just upped the “pretty” factor!
I really enjoy making feminine card and know that I need to broaden my scope and make more gender neutral and masculine cards but with such pretty floral sets like Touches of Texture and the Delicate Details stamp set, it is just so hard not to keep making pretty, flowery cards. I will step out of my “box”…soon!
Hope you liked this card and I would love to know what kind of cards you enjoy making the most. Thanks for stopping by!
Number Of Years Photopolymer Bundle