A Bouquet of Good Wishes

These cards were really a lot of fun to make.  I could have made several more in different color combinations but had to stop myself with these two.  I still will probably continue the fun a little later.  If there is one down side to this fabulous hobby, it is that the project possibilities are never-ending and we just cannot make everything…not such a bad  problem to have!


I love the unique shape of the card as it is something a little different that the usual A2.  This shape was really easy to achieve using the  Circles Collection Framelits.  I used the largest scalloped circle and the next largest circle.  Here is how they were cut.

001 (5)   007

When running these through the big shot, you only go through about the first 1/4 of the card and DSP.  The colored cardstock is folded into a A2 card and run through closed so that both front and back are cut.  Then a piece of 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of DSP was cut the same way for the front of the card.  The top of the card and DSP is facing the left hand side of these pictures.

008          018

Before I adhered the DSP, I used my white gel pen to put some dashes and dots around the perimeter of the card.  I really made a big difference.  The stamp set used is the Crazy About You set along with the Lovely Amazing You set.  I have used the sentiments in this set so often.  The leaves were simply punched out with the Fun Flower punch.  The DSP is from the Pretty Petals DSP Stack.  The prints in this collection are just great and I can see myself going through the whole stack more than once.  I really like the “vintagey” look of these prints. The flowers were punched using the 2 3/8″ Scallop Circle punch, popped up with dimensionals and embellished with Candy Dots. The inside was cut exactly the same as the DSP on the outside only using whisper white or very vanilla cardstock.   The envelopes are finished off with the same DSP.

017          010 (2)

I wanted to share how I decided to try this card shape.  I have quite a few Framelits and realized that I was not using them all that much because they were not readily visible. After seeing a few posts online regarding Die storage using magnetic vent register covers available in local home improvement stores I decided to check them out.  They are very reasonably priced and quite big.  Here is how I reorganized my dies so now they are all on display and easily within reach. I labeled each set.   This allows for more inspiration when creating and I am sure I will be using them a lot more now.

007     006

Lastly, I’ve entered this card in the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.  This is a new challenge that I am participating in for the first time.  I will definitely try to participate in this weekly.


Thanks for looking in on my project and please stop back again soon.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *