Fall Wreath Pillow Box – GDP 004

Today’s project is my submission to the Global Design Project’s weekly challenge. The challenge this week was to CASE the Artist. Louise Sharpe created this beautiful card that we are inspired by.

GDP 004

I haven’t used the new Pillow Box Die that is offered in the Holiday Catalog yet and was anxious to make a project with it.

As you can see, I used the same stamp set that Louise used on her card.

Watermarked Photo 1 (2015-10-01-1518)

The pillow box was cut out using a woodgrain patterned design from the Into the Woods Designer Series paper.  This die is so fast and easy to put together that making a few of these did not take much time at all.  I also used a die from the Circles Collection to cut a window in the front of the box and then attached a window sheet so that you would be able to see the goodies inside.

         Watermarked Photo 4 (2015-10-01-1522)            Watermarked Photo (2015-10-02-1209)

To create the wreath, I used the Wonderous Wreath stamp set with coordinating dies.  This made it a snap to cut.

I must confess that I have had this set since it appeared in last year’s holiday catalog and really have not used it much.  I became a little discouraged with trying to line up the second set of leaves until I realized that the stamps have a little handle on the bottom of each round stamp so you can line them up easily.  It only took me about a year to figure that out!  But once I had that AHA moment, it was easy and the results were really good.  You can actually see the little notches in the wreath die above.

Even though the set is primarily a Christmas set, there are so many different ways you can use the wreath.  I decided on a Fall wreath but now that I finally figured it out, I am sure I will be making wreaths for all seasons with this set.  Here are the stamped and cut wreath and flowers.

Watermarked Photo 3 (2015-10-01-1519)

The main wreath is stamped with Crushed Curry and the other leaves with Cajun Craze.  The flowers were stamped with Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss ink.  I did stamp a few with Old Olive and cut them apart to give each flower a set of leaves.  It’s a little hard to see in the picture but I did put a dimensional on each flower.  To finish it off I attached a bow with the Rich Razzleberry cotton ribbon.  A small sentiment could easily be added.

Watermarked Photo 2 (2015-10-01-1519)

Oh, and to really finish it off, I added some bit sized Snickers Bars!

Have a wonderful Friday,




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


  1. Rosanne, I really love your project. I love that you used Louise’s sketch as inspiration to create your own beautiful creation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *