Today’s card was inspired by the Global Design Project’s latest sketch challenge…
What a fun, straightforward sketch. These can be the most challenging though. They leave so much room for interpretation it’s sometimes hard to know where to begin. Here’s where this sketch took me….
This is a little sneak peek of an awesome stamp set in the new Holiday Catalog that goes live on Sept. 1 called Paisleys and Posies (#142196). I absolutely love this set and will probably wear it out (if that’s possible)!
- The Basic Black card base is cut at 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 /12″. The stamped layer is Flirty Flamingo cardstock cut at 4 1/8″ x 4 1/4″ and positioned to 1/8″ from bottom and sides leaving the top open.
- The paisley design is randomly stamped in Black Archival ink using several stamps from the Paisleys and Posies stamp set. Looks like a bandana print, doesn’t it!
- The sentiment is from the same set and is also stamped in Black Archival ink.
- A couple of hearts from the In-Color Enamel Shapes add a bit of flirty fun.
- The inside sentiment is from the Thankful Thoughts stamp set (#141522) in the Annual Catalog. It is such a gracious sentiment is a lovely font.
- I continued the pattern to a small panel for the inside as well. This gives the card such a pretty, coordinated look and only takes a minute or two…well worth the effort!
- A little more embellishment to the envelope and the project is complete.
Here is an image of this new set that I think will be one of the most popular sets in the holiday catalog because it is so versatile and on trend right now. Do you agree or not so much….please leave a comment and let me know what you think of the Paisley trend.
If you haven’t already seen the Holiday Catalog and are not currently working with a Demonstrator, I would be happy to send you one.
I will definitely be back with more projects using this set. Thanks very much for stopping by today….have a wonderful Sunday!