Today I’m playing along with the Global Design Project #052 Case the Designer Challenge. Here is Teneale Williams’ fun sketch….
I decided to make my first Christmas card using the adorable Merry Mice stamp set. The images in this set are super cute and fun to color.
- The sheet music DSP is from This Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack (#141628) which is in the Annual Catalog. It is a lighter weight paper and so easy to work with.
- The singing mouse image from the Merry Mice stamp set (#142145) is stamped on watercolor paper and colored with ink pads and blender pens. This was my first attempt at coloring him. I stamped a few more to try some other color combinations.
- I added some clear Wink of Stella (#141897) to the stripes on his hat and scarf. It’s a shame it doesn’t photograph well because it really is such a pretty touch.
- The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink and cut out a banner from the Bunch of Banners Framelits (#141488).
- In keeping to the sketch, a bit of bakers twine from the Bakers Twine Trio (#141999) is tied in a side bow.
- The inside sentiment is from the Hang Your Stocking stamp set (#142114).
- Since there is always leftover DSP, why not add some interest to the inside of the card, too!
One holiday card down! With all the awesome new stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog, this year’s cards are going to be so much fun to make and I’m sure I will have them done well ahead of time….maybe! Do you like to start your holiday cards while it is still technically summer?
Thanks for checking in today and please stop back again.