Today’s cheerful birthday card features Stampin’ Up’s Garden in Bloom stamp set. I’ve had this set since it first came out in last year’s catalog and this is the first time using it. Not sure what I was waiting for!
The color inspiration for this card came from The Paper Player’s color challenge…
My first inclination was a Halloween card but as you can see I went in a totally different direction.
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Basic Black with a thin strip of Pumpkin Pie glimmer paper on each side of the Whisper White panel.
- The flowers are stamped in Pumpkin Pie and leaves in Wild Wasabi. Since Garden in Bloom is a two-step stamp set, I stamped off once to fill in the flowers.
- I created a mask by stamping the outline stamp on a Post-It note and cutting it out. Using a Post-It allows the mask to adhere to the cardstock and prevents it from shifting during stamping.
- The sentiment is from the Birthday Bloom stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- A few sequins from the Metallics Sequins Assortment finish off the front.
- The inside sentiment is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set.
- A panel of Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper and Basic Black gives a little added interest to in the inside as well.
Thanks for looking in today.