Happy Monday and since this is my first post in December….Happy December, too! I’ve been busy preparing for a couple of craft shows and now that they are over, I am in full Christmas mode. Hope you are not over Christmas yet as I feel like there are so many great Christmas sets that I haven’t given enough attention to and will be correcting that over the next couple of weeks.
This card was a lot of fun to make. I had the image in my mind for sometime and was really happy to pull it all together using all current Stampin’ Up! products.
Here’s the Details:
- The A2 (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) card base is Very Vanilla with a mat of Cherry Cobbler cut 1/8″ shorter.
- The envelope flap is covered in a piece of Designer Series Paper from the This Christmas collection.
- The candles are stamped with an image from the Timeless Textures stamp set and heat embossed in gold embossing powder. I also added an additional image from the same set for a little more vintage-y look. This was stamped very lightly in Crumb Cake.
- The candle flames are a leaf image from the Garden in Bloom stamp set that was stamped in Delightful Dijon ink on Delightful Dijon cardstock then coated with Clear Wink of Stella for the glow.
- The shine behind the candle flame is an image from It’s a Celebration stamp set available only until the end of the month in the Holiday Catalog. It’s also heat embossed in gold.
- The greenery was cut in a variety of green colored cardstock along with a bit of Soft Suede. I’ve listed the colors used in the supply list at the end of the post. Pretty Pines thinlits and the Flower Fair framelits were used for the foliage.
- The Cherry Cobbler bow was the perfect finishing touch.
- I kept the inside very simple but I think the sentiment, from the Christmas Pines stamp set is just right for this card!
Thanks so much for looking in on my card today. I hope you’ll hang in there with me as I feel like I’m just getting started here with Christmas. I’m definitely not one to rush the season…I still have my Fall decorations up!