Good Morning….since the temperature here in PA is 13°, I’m sending some WARM thoughts your way with my card share today.
Stamp Ink Paper Card Maker’s Choice challenge was my inspiration for today’s card.
I’ve had this cute little stamp and die set for a few months and not sure what took me so long to create with it. It’s called What the Doodle: Tea Time from Papertrey Ink. Anyone who knows me, knows I love tea and all things tea related so this sweet tea cup was just my “cup of tea”!
Here’s the Details:
- The Soft Sky card base measures 5″ x 5″ and each subsequent layer is 1/8″ smaller.
- The teacup is layered on 1/2 doilie and Blushing Bride satin ribbon.
- The coloring was done using the Subtles Stampin’ Write Markers. After coloring the tea cup, the swirly steam and medallion, I cut them using the coordinating dies.
- It’s the Little Things! To sweeten this little cup, I added some tiny pearls.
- The sentiment was cut using Lot of Labels framelits and an Enamel Shape from the Subltes collection was added.
- The inside was largely left blank to write a personal note, but if you follow me regularly you know that I enjoy embellishing the inside of the card and the envelope almost as much as the front. So I added a little sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and an image from the Tea Time stamp set.
- Since this isn’t a standard sized card, I used the Envelope Punch Board to create one.
- Hint: I purchased a ream of 80 lb. text paper from my local office supply store to use to make envelopes. It is a bit heavier than regular copy paper but not too heavy to add extra postage. It’s also heavy enough that you can’t see through it.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a lovely Sunday.