I haven’t made a baby card in sometime but I’m thinking that is going to change. Along with today’s Barnyard Babies card, I have another one planned this week. Could there be a reason for this? Why yes…I am going to be a first time Grandmom! My youngest daughter, Emily and her husband, Mike are expecting their first child this June. We will find out what WE are having this weekend…notice how I said WE! Needless to say, this is very exciting for our family!
Today’s card was inspired by the Paper’s Players fun sketch…
Here’s the Details….
- The card base is Whisper White with a mat of So Saffron. The DSP layer is from Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper.
- The cute little ducks are from the Barnyard Babies stamp set. I am on a mission to use some of my dusty stamp sets and this one has not seen ink in a very long time!
- I colored them with Stampin’ Write Markers.
- After cutting them with the 1″ punch, 1 3/8″ punch and the Layering Circles Framelits, they were popped with dimensionals.
- The sentiment, from the That’s the Tag stamp set, is stamped in Basic Black and cut using the Decorative Label Punch. I tucked it under the DSP before gluing.
- The ribbon is just a 1/4″ white satin ribbon that was just the right size for this card.
- A few So Saffron enamel dots from the Subtles collection finish off this sweet card.
- A few strips of DSP and cardstock embellish the envelope.
- The inside sentiment is from So In Love stamp set. Isn’t that little chick the cutest?!
Hope this sweet little card made you smile and perhaps made you think about dusting off some of your neglected stamps. I know that it is so easy to forget about the sets that have been around for awhile, especially when there are so many terrific new sets but they play nicely with the new sets, too!