Today’s card features one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, Birthday Blooms. I don’t know if this set will retire soon (hope not) but it will remain with me always!
I had this idea for a card in my head for awhile and just needed to find the perfect image for it. That’s where this big, beautiful flower came in. I’m not exactly sure what kind of flower it is but I think of it as a Cabbage Rose. What do you think?
- The A2 (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) card base is Flirty Flamingo card stock with a mat layer of Whisper White cut 1/8″ smaller.
- Another piece of Whisper White card stock is cut the same size as the mat and stamped the flower image around the edges leaving an open space for the sentiment.
- Coloring these blooms was actually very relaxing. Like I said this is one of my favorite images and I never tire of coloring it. Stampin’ Write Markers were used.
- Although not evident in the photo, Clear Wink of Stella on the flower petals gives it a pretty glimmer.
- It was then hand snipped and adhered to the Whisper White mat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive ink and cropped with Stitched Shapes and Layering Ovals framelits. This was also popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Pretty from the inside out! Why not make the inside just as pretty as the outside?
- The inside sentiment is from Basket of Wishes photopolymer stamp set and I think is perfect for a birthday.
- This is one set I haven’t used nearly enough and hope will stick around a little longer.
- Since I enjoy coloring this image so much, I stamped and colored the envelope also. This really ties the whole card together for a beautiful custom look.
- It’s always so nice when an idea actually turns out just the way you envisioned it. However, now I have another idea for this layout and may have to try it again with a new twist…stay tuned!
- Here’s a quick wrap up of some of the products used on this card. A complete list of products is at the bottom of this post and can be purchased in my online store just by clicking on them.
Thanks very much for stopping by today. I really enjoyed sharing this card and hope you will come back again.