Thinking of my card today, made me smile and I hope it brings a smile to you, too!
The big, bold sunflower was created with a die from the Eastern Medallions framelits that are part of the Early Release Eastern Palace Suite. Here is some information on this suite.
There are some amazing framelits in this suite that can be paired to create many unique die cuts. The fun is trying all the different configurations. However, the first thing that I saw in these framelits was a sunflower…pretty far from the middle eastern intended idea!
- The card base is Chocolate Chip with a mat of Daffodil Delight and Whisper White.
- The Crumb Cake frame was created by layering a scalloped square, a stitched shape square and another straight edge square. They all fit into each other perfectly, so it was one pass through the Big Shot.
- I stamped the sentiment, from Eastern Beauty stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink directly onto the Whisper White card stock.
- I cut two of the largest die in the Eastern Medallions framelits. One in Daffodil Delight card stock and another in Crushed Curry card stock and glued them together.
- The center is Chocolate Chip card stock cut with a scalloped circle from Layering Circles framelits and embossed with Elegant Dots embossing folder.
- My favorite part of this card is the sweet little bees. I found these in Touches of Textures stamp set. They were hand cut and popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Did you know…Stampin’ Up! will be offering small Stampin’ Dimensionals in the new Annual Catalog. I will have a couple packs on my first order!
- I think the inside sentiment is just so perfect for a Friendship or Just Because card. This came from Garden in Bloom stamp set.
- A few more bees add a little charm!
The Eastern Palace suite of products will be available for purchase May 1st.
Again, I hope this card brought a little smile to you today…thanks so much for stopping by!