Happy Easter Monday. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Easter. The weather here in PA was perfect, if not a bit too hot, but still perfect. We actually had our first barbecue of the year at my daughter’s house. It was a great day!
Today I have a bright and cheerful bouquet of daffodils for you. I love these happy spring flowers, however I wish they lasted a little longer. My daffodils bloomed too early this year and were wiped out by a March snowstorm. So I’ve been buying them at Trader Joe’s all spring.
My inspiration for today’s card came from this charming image I found on Pinterest.
- I layered Pear Pizzazz card stock and the striped pattern from Brights Designer Series Paper to the Whisper White card base.
- The bouquet of daffodils was created using images from Basket Bunch photopolymer stamp set and dies from the coordinating Basket Builders framelits.
- The flowers were stamped in Crush Curry ink on Daffodil Delight card stock and the leaves in Old Olive ink on Pear Pizzazz card stock.
- I cut out just the center on a few flowers and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. This little step added the perfect amount of dimension.
- Wrapping the bouquet in a White Delicate Doilie and adding a Linen Thread bow adds to the sweetness.
- The sentiment is from the Sheltering Tree stamp set and is cut using the Bunch of Banners framelits.
- The inside sentiment came from Bunch of Blossoms stamp set. I love this sentiment…why shouldn’t today be a perfect day to be happy?!
- A little bit of Designer Series Paper on the front of the envelope and this card is ready to brighten someone’s day!
Hope you have a fantastic week and are enjoying some lovely spring weather, too.