Good Monday morning. Today I have a little 3-D share. My daughter, Elizabeth is getting married in July and decided that she didn’t want a traditional bridal shower. Well I was a little sad about that because I love planning these kind of events. However, we will be celebrating the bride in a different way. She and her fiancee, James are getting married at a beautiful boutique hotel in the Pocono Mountains here in PA.
So this upcoming weekend, I will be hosting a weekend at the same hotel for the girls in both our immediate families. There will be nine of us. I’m really looking forward to it and wanted to make a little something to put at the place settings for our special dinner on Saturday night.
Elizabeth’s colors are light pink and green and she really likes succulents. Stampin’ Up! came through with the Window Box Thinlits and Succulents dies. The Window Box thinlits, in the Occasions Catalog, are also available as a bundle for a 10% savings only through May 31. They will be carrying over in the new Annual Catalog but not at the bundled price. I only used the thinlits here.
The Succulents dies are sadly retiring. These dies are so versatile and can be used for making more than just succulents. HERE and HERE are cards I’ve made with them recently. You can still purchase these dies. They are currently 50% off only while supplies last. If you don’t have them, scoop them up…you won’t be sorry!
- I cut the box from Pink Pirouette card stock and used one of the window plates to create detail in each window.
- I lined the windows with a 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ square of Mint Macaron glitter paper.
- The top of the box is embellished with a Lace Doilie that I popped with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The succulent was cut from Mint Macaron card stock and sponged with Blushing Bride ink.
- Here is a picture of the sponging and the layers of flowers I used. I cut one of each, except for the largest, which I cut two.
- A large pearl added to center added a touch of elegance.
- The banner was printed on my computer and cut with the Bunch of Banners die.
- I filled these with Lindt truffles….YUM!
- I think these will look sweet at each place setting and it satisfied my need to make favors!!
There’s one more week left to use April’s host code and to take advantage of the ordering incentive I’m offering. You can see all the details HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your week is off the a great start!