Today’s bright and bold birthday card features the paper piecing technique. I don’t do this technique very often but when I do, I absolutely love the results. It’s a bit time-consuming but well worth it. It’s actually like putting a puzzle together.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- I stamped and heat embossed a panel of Basic Black card stock with a sentiment from the new Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set, available in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog on June 1st. The images and sentiments in this set can be used in so many different ways. I’ve used this set more in the last two weeks than I’ve used some sets that I’ve had for two years!
- A few more panels of Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight create a clean and simple background for the bold butterfly.
- The inspiration for the butterfly was this photo of a monarch butterfly.
- To create my version of this pretty butterfly, I used both the Bold Butterfly framelits and the Butterflies thinlits. I cut one of each of the coordinating butterflies in Basic Black card stock and glued them together.
- Then I cut the more detailed butterfly from the Butterflies thinlits out in Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White card stock.
- I then fit all the pieces back together creating the color pattern. Tip: use your glue sparingly so you it doesn’t ooze out.
- This may seem somewhat tedious but it’s actually quite relaxing…but then again isn’t stamping generally relaxing, too!
- The inside sentiment is also from Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- A few more strips of card stock add a little interest to the inside. I actually looks like candy corn…which wasn’t the look I was going for!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’m hosting a baby shower on Sunday for my daughter, Emily and will share the favors I made on Monday.