Happy Monday…hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. Today I’m sharing a pretty little project that was a lot of fun to make as I had someone very special in mind while creating it. My daughter, Emily and her husband Mike are expecting their first child next month. So I wanted to give Emily a little something for Mother’s Day and this card and box went with the present.
Once again I’m using the beautiful Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper. This collection is just so pretty. Here’s another card I made using it.
I also used the NEW Label Me Pretty Bundle that will be available in the new 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. This is another versatile bundle that will add such a wonderful touch to your projects. Who doesn’t like a label punch and this one has the prettiest curves!
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock. This card stock is the perfect weight for creating a sturdy card base.
- A panel (2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″) of Calypso Coral card stock is layered with a pattern (2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″) of Delightful Designer Series Paper.
- Label Me Pretty stamp set and coordinating punch created the label. The label is stamped in Old Olive ink.
- The sentiment, stamped in Calypso Coral ink, is from Birthday Blooms stamp set.
- A Sweet Touch! A few butterflies from the retiring Papillon Potpourri stamp set and cut with the (also retiring)Bitty Butterfly punch were colored with Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The inside sentiment, from Garden in Bloom stamp set, was perfect for this card. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say to Emily as her due date approaches and this is her “first” Mother’s Day!
- This pretty and sturdy box is filled with delicious chocolates. I found the tutorial for the box on Sam Hammond’s website HERE
- These boxes are a good size for any number of treats or presents and were so easy to make with Sam’s directions. Sam made them to hold 3 x 3 cards.
- Here’s a brief breakdown of some products used on my project today.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful week!