Happy Monday…hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I was finally able to finish planting my vegetable garden. The tomatoes and peppers will be a little late this year! I have a little story to share at the end of this post…so please hang in there!
What a great sentiment from the Eastern Beauty stamp set. I could send this card to so many people who really do make me smile when I think of them.
Here’s the details…
- This card measures 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ (smaller than the average A2 card). It’s scored at 5 1/2″ which leaves a 3″ flap.
- The patterns are from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper and as usual compliment each other perfectly…thank you Stampin’ Up!
I think this wreath really is something to smile about (but I love most wreaths!)
- The grapevine wreath is created with the Swirly Scribbles thinlits. I cut two out of Crumb Cake card stock and layered them. I was on the fence when these came out last year as a bundle so I only purchased the thinlits and I’ve never regretted that. My point is that you can “unbundle” if you’re not excited about either the stamps or the dies.
- The flowers are from Jar of Love stamp set and Everyday Jars framelits. This is one set that I would never unbundle. The stamps and dies are fabulous and can be used in so many different ways. This set needs to stick around a few more years!
- I stamped the large flowers in Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry and the smaller flowers were stamped off once and then stamped at full color in Tranquil Tide ink. The leaves are Old Olive.
- The sentiment is stamped on a circle of Whisper White and glued to the center of a Delicate White Doilie.
- Mini Stampin Dimensionals worked like a charm on the small flowers.
- The inside sentiment is also from the Eastern Beauty stamp set.
OK..so I don’t know if I mentioned this on the blog but I have a little Dachshund, Tess. She just turned 18 on June 2nd. Physically she’s is amazing (thanks to years of acupuncture). In April, she had 11 teeth extracted and came through it like a champ!
However, within the past 6 months or so we’ve noticed that her mind is failing. She has what is called Canine Cognitive Disorder. It’s basically doggie dementia. There’s been some challenges but she is still the sweetest little girl. Last weekend my husband had her out in the yard with him while he was doing some work and she walked straight into the swimming pool and started swimming. Steve’s first reaction was to jump in, shoes and all, to pull her out! We have the whole episode recorded on our security camera. Previous summers she wouldn’t go near the pool. I guess this year is a whole different story! This is not a picture of Tess but I couldn’t resist sending it to Steve!
I hope this card started your week off with a smile. Thanks for stopping by today!