It’s my “on” week for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. This challenge has really inspired a lot of creativity. It’s great fun to see all the wonderful card creations each week. I hope you will play along with us this week. Here’s the challenge board…
I chose the bottom row across: birthday, pattern paper, pink.
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat cut 1/8″ smaller from a pattern from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper.
- I stamped a few flowers from the Bloomin’ Love stamp set on Whisper White card stock in Berry Burst ink. The images in this stamp set match the Designer Series Paper pattern perfectly because that’s just what Stampin’ Up! does!!
- This layer is matted on a piece of Berry Burst card stock and popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The new Happy Birthday thinlit created the scripty sentiment. I cut it once in Berry Burst card stock and again in Whisper White card stock.
- After cutting each layer, I separated the words so I could fit them on the center panel. I think it also created a more interesting layout.
- To create a 3D shadow effect, I offset the layers just a bit.
- The inside sentiment is from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set. I know with all the new sets in the Annual Catalog, it’s easy to overlook some of the “old favorites” but the sentiments in this set are just great for birthday cards.
- A few more stamped flowers from Bloomin’ Love add the right touch!
- I made this card first in Powder Pink but decided that Berry Burst would create a brighter, bolder card. But I do like this one, too. It’s so soft and subtle. Now I have two pretty cards in my birthday stash!
- I stamped both envelope flaps with the same floral image I used on the card.
I hope this card inspired you to give the Tic Tac Toe Challenge a try if you haven’t joined in yet. And if you did, you already know how much fun it is. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.