Happy Monday..I hope you had a relaxing weekend. I spent most of my weekend with my new grandson, Jack who just turned 1 month old, which was the BEST. His parents were here also, which was great, too! I posted a picture of this beautiful little boy at the end of today’s post.
Well, since I had babies on the brain, these adorable baby girl cards are quite fitting.
I must admit that I have only purchased one of the new baby sets in the Annual Catalog but made these cards before that set arrived. I loved the baby sets available in last year’s catalog but they’ve since retired. So when I needed a card for a new baby girl, this design was easy as well as sweet. Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack really added to the sweetness with these pretty patterns. This is a 6 x 6 collection that has such beautiful patterns in wonderful color palettes. I know I will use most of this up and perhaps have to buy another stack.
The floral patterns I chose dictated the color combinations I used on each of these cards.
- The Sweet Sugarplum A2 card base (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) is matted with a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″.
- The floral pattern from Petal Garden DSP measures 1/8″ smaller.
- I used a die from the Layering Circles framelits to create the neckline.
- The dress panel was popped on the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The color combination on the second card of Pool Party and Calypso Coral is so fresh and pretty.
- Delicate White Doilies created the lacy collar. I altered the collar a bit on the second card.
- 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon in Whisper White and Calypso Coral were just the right width to make a small, delicate bow on each card.
- The “buttons” were stamped and cropped from a couple of small flower stamps and dies found in the Grown with Love bundle.
- A few pearls and enamel shapes added a little bling to each button.
- The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I find myself turning to this set more than I thought I would. It is such a great set to have when you just need something little to say. This set has a sentiment for so many occasions.
- I cut the sentiment with a die from Bunch of Banners framelits.
- If you’ve seen my cards before, you already know that I enjoy decorating the insides and envelopes almost as much as the actual cards.
- A little Designer Series Paper and a few flowers give the inside just as much sweetness.
- The sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set. This is another great sentiment set with coordinating sayings for so many different occasions.
These card were really fun to make. I enjoyed “frilling” them up and will be sending one out in the mail today. Although, he isn’t frilly, this little boy has certainly stolen our hearts. Happy 1st month, Jack!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!