One of the best things about Stampin’ Up! is by far the friendships. I am so lucky to have a wonderful upline that I’m sure most of you have heard of…Susan Itell. And through Susan, I’m lucky to know and call some pretty awesome stampers my friends. One of those special people is Karen Hallam.
When Susan put the call out to her team for the opportunity to be featured on her weekend, Simple Saturday and Step It Up Sunday, Karen and I enthusiastically answered. Today’s post is my Simple Saturday card that you can also see on Susan’s blog HERE.
This card features products from the Delightful Daisy Suite. The stamp set is Daisy Delight and the coordinating Daisy punch. The Daisy punch has been so popular and had to be placed on the backorder list several times since it debuted in the Annual Catalog. However, it’s back in stock again. So if you’re thinking about purchasing it…now is the time to do so before it goes out of stock again.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Old Olive cut 1/4″ smaller.
- The next layer is Calypso Coral card stock and a pattern from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper.
- Before adhering the Calypso Coral panel, I stamped the sentiment in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed in White Embossing powder.
- The Daisy was stamped in Calypso Coral ink and punched once and then punched again in Whisper White card stock and layered.
- The flower center is punched with the 1/2″ circle punch and lightly coated with clear Wink of Stella for a bit of sparkle.
- The daisy was then popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The inside sentiment also comes from the Daisy Delight stamp set and is stamped in Old Olive ink.
- A bit more DSP on the inside and the envelope flap makes this project a one of a kind.
There you have it…a pretty yet simple card that came together in a snap! Stop by tomorrow to see Karen’s brilliantly “stepped up” version of this card.
Thanks for stopping by today. If you’ve come over from Susan’s blog, welcome and thanks so much for the visit…I hope you’ll stop back again!
Happy Saturday and happy stamping,