I’m back today with a card from the Floral Statements stamp set. In my last post, I noted that I’m struggling a little with this set and I’m happy that I kept at it. Today’s card is my entry in the Tic Tac Toe Challenge…
I chose the right row down: coloring, floral, In-Color Ink. This challenge is great fun. I hope you will play along with us!
Here’s the details:
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock. This, as well as the new Very Vanilla thick card stock, make a perfectly sturdy base that really gives cards a quality feel.
- The patterned layer is from Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper. I love a black and white pattern and this has such a pretty, modern feel. I used this pattern in THIS project, too. I’m almost out of it and will probably order another pack just to have more on hand.
- I stamped the image in Basic Black Archival ink on Whisper White card stock and colored it using Flirty Flamingo and Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write markers.
- Again, although it’s not evident in the photo, I added clear Wink of Stella to the flowers for a little bit of sparkle.
- This layer is mounted on Flirty Flamingo card stock.
- I wrapped the Basic Black (retired) ribbon and added a bow before popping it up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The little embellishments are actually Basic Rhinestone Jewels that were colored with a black sharpie marker. I’m never sure about the placement of these type of embellishments but I was happy where these landed!
- Just adding a few pieces of card stock and a bit of Designer Series Paper creates a pretty and interesting area to add a personal note.
- The envelope is also embellished with some leftover pieces of card stock and DSP.
Hope you enjoyed this Floral Statement hello card. This week my husband and I were thrilled to say hello to our first grandchild. Jack Michael was born on Thursday to our daughter, Emily and her husband, Mike. Needless to say, we are beyond excited to welcome this beautiful boy to our family!
Stampin’ Up! has some terrific promotions going on in the month of July. I will be sure to include them in my next post. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.