I took a little blog break last week after welcoming our first grandchild and attending our oldest daughter’s wedding. What a whirlwind two weeks! And this weekend, we got to spend the entire weekend with our new grandson. What an absolute JOY! But I’m back today with a pretty birthday card featuring an old favorite stamp set, Watercolor Wings. When this set was first introduced, it was extremely popular. I think it’s still a great set with a lot more life left in it.
Here’s the details:
- I really like this color combination of Pear Pizzazz and Sweet Sugarplum. The patterns are from the Petal Garden Designer Series Paper.
- The sentiment is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set.
- Look how pretty the new Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ shimmer ribbon is!
- I stamped the butterfly twice on vellum using Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry and Fresh Fig ink. After stamping, I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. It really gives it such a pretty shine.
- I layered the two butterflies using the new mini Stampin Dimensionals on the body. These little guys come in so handy…no more cutting the dimensionals to fit small spaces.
- A few Glitter Enamel Dots are the perfect finishing touch. I have a real problem when it comes to adding these type of embellishments. Mine never quite look as random as I would like and then I end up pulling off some of the paper when I try to re-position them. Anyone else have this issue…..?
- The inside sentiment is also from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous. I love the fonts and the sentiments in this set and have used them a lot.
- A little Designer Series Paper on the envelope flap pulls the whole card together.
I promise I won’t post too many pictures of the new love of my life but here he is at one week old.
I’ll post a picture of our daughter’s wedding tomorrow. I’m not sure this summer could get any better than this!
Thanks for stopping by today!