Thursday sure do come around quickly when you’re having fun. And I am having fun designing for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Today’s challenge board is packed with so many awesome elements that it was difficult to narrow them down. Here’s the board we are playing with this week.
My card has elements for a few of the rows/columns:
Top row across: pink, pattern paper, sequin Top left diagonal: pink, flower, gold Middle column down: pattern paper, flower, coloring. I tried to fill the whole board as some of my team members have down but couldn’t make it happen this time.
Here’s the details
- I pulled out one of my all-time favorite flower stamps, Birthday Blooms. I like to think of this flower as a cabbage rose but I’m not really sure. I only know that it’s bold and beautiful.
- It’s stamped in Versa Mark ink and heat embossed in gold embossing powder.
- Using stamp pads and a blender pen made coloring very easy. The flower is colored in Powder Pink ink and the leaves in Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz.
- It was then fussy cut, which I actually find relaxing.
- The card base is Powder Pink card stock. The Whisper White mat is cut 1/8″ smaller and is popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the card base.
- The beautiful checked paper is from a new paper collection available in the Holiday Catalog, Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper. It’s cut at 2″ x 5 3/8″.
- I used another new product from the Year of Cheer Suite, Year of Cheer Washi Tape, to edge the Designer Series paper.
- This paper is so pretty and elegant…the picture does not do it justice!
- I stamped the sentiment, also from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in Versa Mark and heat embossed it in gold.
- A few gold sequins (non-SU) add to the sparkle.
- The inside sentiment is stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- A strip of Designer Series paper and more Washi Tape finished the inside off nicely.
- A little more Designer Series paper and Washi Tape on the envelope flap makes this a beautifully coordinated card.
I hope that you’ll join us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week. The design team has some inspiring projects and the creativity by those who enter is amazing.
Thanks for checking in today and have a terrific Thursday!