Nothing says summer more than Sunflowers. Pair them with a crisp, cool buffalo check pattern and you get the quintessential summer card. This card is the result of two fabulous new Designer Series Paper collections, Painted Autumn and Merry Little Christmas. These will be available in the new Holiday Catalog on Sept. 1.
Here’s the details
- The check pattern comes from a Christmas collection called Merry Little Christmas and measures 2″ x 5 1/2.
- A little added strip of Crushed Curry adds a touch of color.
- The sunflowers were fussy cut from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. After I cut them out, I glued them to a piece of Basic Black card stock and cut again to create the border. I think it gives the flowers more definition.
- I added Clear Wink of Stella to each of the sunflowers.
- The sentiment is from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set and is cropped with an oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits.
- I layered the sentiment on a Crushed Curry oval cut from the Layering Ovals framelits and another oval from Stitched Shapes in Basic Black.
- The sentiment and the sunflowers are popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A small scattering of sequins adds a bit of bling!
- The inside sentiments also come from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous.
- Another cut out sunflower adds a bit of interest.
- Again, just using some scraps, I simply embellished the inside and the envelope.
As you can see, there really is minimal stamping on this card. The beautiful Designer Series Paper takes most of the credit for creating such a summery card. I will definitely be sharing more cards made from these paper collections…stay tuned!
I celebrated another birthday this week and woke up to this wonderful gift….I couldn’t ask for anything better!
I hope you have a wonderful summer day and thank you for stopping by.