Happy Monday…I hope you have a good weekend!
Today I’m sharing two cards made with the Celebration Time Stamp Set and the coordinating Celebration Thinlits. You can purchase these as a bundle and save 10%.
I created the top card first and was happy with it, but after photographing it decided maybe I could “amp” it up a little. I made the second card adding one detail and taking one away. I think there definitely is a difference in the overall look.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- A patterned panel from the Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack measures 2″ x 5 1/2″.
- The center panel consists of a Sweet Sugarplum panel measuring 3″ x 4″ and a Whisper White panel measuring 1/4″ smaller.
- A piece of Sweet Sugarplum 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon is wrapped around the center panel with a sweet little bow attached with a glue dot.
- The stamped image, from Celebration Time stamp set is stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink on Whisper White card stock and cut with a thinlit from Celebration thinlits.
- On this die cut, I snipped the bow from the top and the pedestal from the cake plate, leaving just a cake.
- Another cake is cut from the thinlits in Sweet Sugarplum card stock. Layer both the cake and this die cut staggering the cake a bit to show some of the plate at the bottom.
- I popped the image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the card above, I simply added a few retired sequins.
- This layer is also popped on the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Here’s the difference….on this card I embossed the Whisper White panel with the Softly Falling embossing folder.
Here they are side by side. The girls in my card making class last week preferred the embossed card. I think I agree with them. The added dimension of the embossing makes the panel “pop” more. Which one do you prefer?
Thanks for stopping by today…and remember that the new Holiday Catalog goes live on Friday, Sept. 1. I’ve been busy creating some fun projects with the products from this catalog…stay tuned.