Happy Friday…I hope you have some fun things planned for the weekend. Summer is just breezing by and I’m trying to soak in as much as I can. With that in mind, I have a pretty, summery card for today.
I usually don’t do many fancy folds but I’m trying to make a conscience effort to try different techniques. So I though I would start off easy with a Gatefold. The pretty climbing vines from the Colorful Seasons stamp set and coordinating Seasonal Layers framelits were perfect for this card design.
Here’s the details
- The card base is cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 2 1/8″ on each side of the 8 1/2″ side. This leaves two panels on each side to create the “gate”.
- I cut two panels measuring 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ of Powder Pink card stock and layered that with a pattern from Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper cut 1/8″ smaller on each gate panel. This pattern was the perfect background for the flowering vines.
- The flowers were stamped in Powder Pink and Flirty Flamingo ink and cropped with the Seasonal Layers framelits. The vine is cropped from Crumb Cake card stock.
- The sentiment is from the Birthday Blooms stamp set and is stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink. It’s cut using a oval from the Stitched Shapes framelits and layered on two ovals from the Layering Ovals framelits.
- I positioned the vines so that the sentiment would cover the bottom of them and lightly glued them.
- Below you can see how to adhere the sentiment so that the card will open properly. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to one side only.
- The flowers were attached to the vine with the smallest amount of glue. Then I added a few of the new Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to each flower. This gives the flowers the perfect dimensional look.
- The inside sentiment is an image from Special Celebrations stamp set. This set has wonderful sentiments for many occasions and who doesn’t need a good sentiment set!
- A little Designer Series Paper and strips of coordinating card stock on the front of the envelope add the perfect finishing touch.
I hope you enjoyed my venture into a fancy fold and perhaps will give one of these a try yourself. It really is an easy fold but creates a different and interesting card.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!