Happy Monday…already! Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Ours was very nice as we got together at a local steakhouse with our three daughters and son-in-law to celebrate both my husband’s birthday, which is today, and my birthday which was earlier in the month. It’s always great when we can all get together!
This is the card I made for Steve’s birthday. I find it a little difficult to make a masculine card that is clean and simple, yet has a little bit of punch to it. I think this one has all of those elements. The focal point is the thinlit from the Eclectic Layers thinlits. This thinlit basically sold me on the whole bundle and I’m so glad I went for it because I’ve had a few more ideas for it along with the others in the collection. I’ll have a blog post later in the week featuring the whole bundle. The Oh So Eclectic stamp set and Eclectic Layers thinlits can be purchased as a bundle for a 10% savings.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Very Vanilla thick card stock with a mat of Basic Black card stock cut 1/4″ smaller.
- A layer of Very Vanilla card stock is cut another 1/4″ smaller.
- The Eclectic Layer thinlit is cut on an angle using the Big Shot and the Precision Base Plate. This plate really does make a BIG difference when cutting the more intricate dies.
- The sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- Before adhering this layer to the Basic Black mat, I cut a pattern from the new Spooky Night Designer Series Paper collection, available in the upcoming Holiday Catalog. I only cut a piece large enough to cover the die cut because I tend to be a real paper miser and hate to waste anything!
- You can see that this collection is basically Halloween but you can certainly pull some patterns for other occasions like I did today.
- After gluing the pattern directly to the Basic Black card stock, I used Stampin’ Dimensionals on the cut out layer to give it more dimension. This actually allows you to see the Designer Series Paper better through the thinlit.
- Another coordinating sentiment from the Better Together stamp set along with a strip of Designer Series Paper completes the inside of the card.
- The envelope is also embellished with a panel of DSP.
- I thought about adding a few Enamel Shapes but then remembered who I was making this card for and decided to keep it clean and simple…I think he’ll like it!
If you haven’t already done so, please check out my ordering incentives HERE. And if you are not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to be yours! You can contact me anytime through this website, I would be happy to help you with any questions or needs you may have.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you’ll have a great week ahead!