Are there sets that you never tire of? It’s hard to maintain absolute favorites with the introduction of new catalogs that are full of awesome new sets just waiting to push the older sets aside, even though they are still current. I have a few of these sets that have been around for a few catalog cycles now. One of them is Butterfly Basics. This set has everything I love…a great floral, foliage, butterflies, a couple of background stamps and some lovely sentiments in a beautiful font. This is also one of the few sets that’s available in all three stamp styles…wood, clear and photopolymer. So whatever your preference is this set can deliver. It’s no wonder why I love this set and continue to use it!
Here’s the details
- The card base is Smoky Slate card stock.
- Next I cut Whisper White card stock at 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and instead of using (wasting) a panel of Basic Black to mat it on, I cut two 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ strips and glued them to either side of the Whisper White panel.
- I stamped the floral image twice in Basic Black Archival ink and colored it with Stampin’ Write Markers, then fussy cut both images.
- Before adhering the flowers to the card, I cut a 7/8″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Basic Black card stock and matted it with a pattern from the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper which was cut at 3/4″ x 4 1/4″.
- 1/8″ Whisper White Sheer Ribbon adds a pretty detail.
- Once I decided where to place this panel, I simply arranged the flowers and then glued the panel on top. This was enough to keep the flowers in place.
- Since I didn’t want all the flowers glued flat to the card, I added mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to just the larger two flowers and left the smaller flowers floating. This gives it a fuller 3D look.
- The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- Looking at the card, I felt it needed a little more pizzazz…so I added a few retired sequins that fit the color palette. I think I should have only added three but there was no turning back after I adhered them.
- The inside is simply stamped with another sentiment from Butterfly Basics along with the same floral image that was partially stamped in the corner.
- A little Designer Series Paper and Powder Pink card stock on the envelope flap and this card is ready to go!
Hope you enjoyed this “old” favorite and if you have this set will think about giving it another go ’round. I think it has so much life left in it! If you don’t own this set, it’s definitely one that’s worth considering as there are so many wonderful samples on Pinterest. If you would like to order this set, I’ve listed all three preferences on my product list below.
It’s August (already!), so that means a new hostess code: and new incentive gift from me. Any size order will receive a handmade card from me. For any order of $60 more, please use the hostess code and I will send you a free package of Glitter Enamel Dots. I use these a lot and love them! If your order is $150 or more, DO NOT use this code. You’ll receive your regular Stampin’ Rewards and I will still send you this gift. Please make sure when ordering that you do not opt for the No Contact option. I will need your information in order to mail these out to you. More information can be found HERE.
Also August is the month that you can redeem any of the July Bonus Coupons you may have earned…don’t forget to do that when ordering!
I was excited to place my pre-order from the Holiday Catalog this morning and can’t wait to get my hands on the awesome new products. Stampin’ Up! certainly did not disappoint with this catalog…they just keep getting better! If you want in on this perk, please consider joining my team. You can find all the information HERE. I belong to a very interactive group, The Pretty Pals, that just adds to the fun of this wonderful hobby. You can contact me anytime to talk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-329-6139.