Thursday’s sure seem to come around fast these days and it’s time for another Tic Tac Toe challenge. This week’s challenge board allows for a lot of creativity. Team O has some super designs to inspire you along the way.
The elements on this board are so much fun and quite different. I can’t wait to see the entries this week. I chose the left column down: metallic, anything but a card and green.
The Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper is so bright and festive. This collection comes in three different patterns of Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky and Tangerine Tango all on a heavy kraft card stock which makes it perfect for making 3D items.
I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits to create the bag. This is a well-loved thinlit in my craft room. So well-loved that it’s actually cracked. I’m blaming it on the Big Shot but I know it was a total operator’s error!
Here’s the details
- This was a very simple project using minimal supplies.
- After cutting the Treat Bag, I cut the heart out using another die from this thinlit set to create a window.
- A little Lemon Lime Twist 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon is wrapped around the bag.
- I cut two more hearts: one from Lemon Lime Twist card stock and another from a coordinating pattern from Foil Frenzy Designer Series Paper and layered them. They’re popped onto the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added “enjoy” using another thinlit and glued it directly to the heart.
- A window was created by sliding a 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bag in the Treat Bag.
- After it was filled with candy, I tied it off with a Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon.
I loved how this turned out, so I decided to make another. The only reason I chose Soft Sky was because I had light blue wrapped Hershey Kisses leftover from a baby shower.
These came together so quickly that it would be easy to mass produce them for party favors.
I hope you’ll stop by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and check out all the fantastic projects. I’m sure others will opt for anything but a card and there you’ll find some super ideas. I also hope that you’ll be inspired to join us.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful day…one more day until the weekend!