I held a birthday card making class last night and this was one of the cards we made. I think this is such a bright and cheerful card and appropriate for any age. The Happy Birthday thinlit steals the show on any card with it’s flirty and fun font and coupled with a few products from the Birthday Delivery suite make it even more fun!
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut 1/4″ smaller.
- The next layer is a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 3″ x 3 7/8″.
- A pattern from the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper is cut at 2″ x 3 7/8″. This overlaps the Whisper White just a little.
- I wrapped a piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/4″ Stitched Edge Ribbon around this panel and then glued it directly to the Pumpkin Pie panel. This covers the overlapping.
- The Happy Birthday sentiment was cut out twice using the Happy Birthday thinlit…once in Pumpkin Pie card stock and then again in Pacific Point card stock.
- Layering and offsetting the sentiments really creates a nice shadowing effect.
- The presents are stamped in Basic Black Archival ink and colored with Stampin’ Write Markers. Then cropped with a coordinating die from the Birthday Friends framelits.
- Pop the Presents! Stampin’ Dimensionals give the presents a real boost!
- The inside sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set and is stamped in Pacific Point ink.
- I embellished the inside with another piece of Designer Series Paper.
- A few more presents to the front of the envelope gives a little hint of the fun inside.
- I created a mask for the presents to mimic the layered presents on the front of the card.
I think this is a great card to make several of to have on hand. It’s bright and cheerful, as well as, age and gender neutral.
Thanks very much for joining me today and I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!