Thinking Autumn! The weather here in Southeastern PA has been so cool and beautiful for August that I can’t help but think of Autumn…having some new products from the Holiday Catalog helps, too. Today’s card uses the Quilt Builder Framelits, which coordinates with the Christmas Quilt stamp set. Although this is a Christmas Bundle, you can see how it can go well beyond Christmas.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Early Espresso card stock with a mat of Very Vanilla card stock cut 1/4″ smaller.
- To make the quilt block, I cut an Early Espresso base using the plain square framelit.
- Using the square star framelit, I cut a frame from Early Espresso card stock and glued this to the base.
- I then cut the square star framelit out three more times: in Very Vanilla card stock, and from 2 patterns in the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper collection.
- These were glued inside the Early Espresso frame to create the quilt.
- Here’s a quick video on the Christmas Quilt Bundle from Stampin’ Up.
- After piecing the quilt block together, a quick run through the Big Shot with the new Quilt Top Embossing Folder added such a pretty texture and put the “quilting” in the quilt block. Stampin’ Up! does such a wonderful job of offering terrific product suites and this is definitely one of them.
- The sentiments on the front and the inside are from the new Count My Blessings stamp set. Isn’t the font fabulous? Both are stamped in Early Espresso ink.
- Count My Blessing stamp set is another example of how versatile the sets in the Holiday Catalog are. Even though this is considered a Fall stamp set, the images and sentiments can be used year round for any number of occasions. Sets like this have so much added value and are keepers in my book!
- Some coordinating Designer Series Paper on the envelope to match the inside makes this a pretty custom made card to share with someone special.
- I hope when you are paging through the new Holiday Catalog that you look beyond the holidays with some of these sets and products. You will definitely see so much more potential in them!
Thanks for stopping by today and remember that you only have until tomorrow to redeem your August coupons that you earned in during July Bonus Days.