I’ve been on a little shaker card kick lately. I forgot how much fun they are to make and what a interesting card they result in. So here is one more!
Here’s the details
- The A2 card base is Soft Suede card stock with a mat of Very Vanilla cut 1/4″ smaller.
- The DSP panel measures 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ with a mat of Soft Suede card stock cut 1/4″ larger.
- The pattern is from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper collection.
- The shaker is created with the Jar of Love stamp set and coordinating Everyday Jars framelits. I stamped and cut 2 jars with Soft Suede ink and cut the window out of one of the jars using a framelit. Then cut another jar from a piece of Window Sheet and glued it to the backside of the open faced jar to create the window. Adding Foam Adhesive Strips to the back jar gave me a little border that allowed me to fill the jar with leaves and sequins before attaching the top jar.
- I stamped the jar lid in Cherry Cobbler ink and added a Linen Thread bow.
- The leaves were created by sponging some autumn colors on Very Vanilla card stock and then cutting them out using the small leaf from the Seasonal Layers framelits.
- HINT…I used mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere some of the leaves so they all wouldn’t fall to the bottom of the jar when the card is upright. The sequins still move around.
- The sentiment, from the Sheltering Tree stamp set is stamped in Soft Suede ink.
- I used a retired square punch to create the flagged ends on both layers and added another small leaf.
- I’m using this wonderful sentiment from Count My Blessings stamp set again. This is such a nice saying for so many reasons and the font is terrific too!
I’m going to add this to my collection of Thanksgiving cards to send this year. I am also entering it into the Paper Player’s sketch challenge….
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and an equally wonderful weekend. The weather is finally going to cooperate with the season here in PA as we are supposed to have a nice cool weekend.