Today is the first day of school for most of the children in my neighborhood. Even though I won’t be taking first day pictures or sending anyone on a school bus today, it still feels like Summer is over and Fall has begun. Today’s card has that “fall feeling” thanks to the colorful pattern from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. I completely overlooked this pattern at first until I pulled it out to use a small piece on another card (stay tuned). Not sure how that happened…this is such a pretty pattern and deserved to be showcased on it’s own card!
The Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper has so many wonderful patterns that can be used well beyond the Fall season. It can be found in the Holiday Catalog.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Very Vanilla thick card stock. Both the Very Vanilla and Whisper White thick card stock gives cards a sturdy, quality feel.
- The top panel is Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 5 1/4″ x 2″ with a mat of Designer Series paper cut at 5 1/8″ x 1 7/8″.
- The bottom panel is also Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 5 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ and the Designer Series paper mat is cut at 5 1/8″ x 1 3/8″.
- I spaced each panel about 1/4″ from the top and the bottom of the card, leaving the empty space in the middle. These are glued directly to the card base.
- The sentiment is from the Lots of Love stamp set and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla card stock and cropped with a circle from the Stitched Shapes framelits. I love how the wreath of leaves circling the sentiment coordinate perfectly with the Designer Series paper.
- A Soft Sky scalloped circle and Cherry Cobbler circle, each cropped from the Layering Circles framelits create a simple but pretty focal point.
- I paired two coordinating sentiments from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set to complete the inside sentiment. They’re stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- A little panel of Designer Series paper and card stock create a pretty accent.
Although the pattern is from a Fall collection, this is a card that would be appreciated any time of the year.
Stampin’ Up! has a terrific offer now through October 31st. For any $300 order or more from September 1 – October 31, get this EXCLUSIVE Merry Patterns Stamp Set for FREE. An easy way to earn this would be to host a party for a few friends. You’ll receive this exclusive stamp set in addition to the fabulous Stampin’ Rewards you get when you host a Stampin’ Up! party. Contact me for more details.
Here’s a Stampin’ Up! video showcasing this versatile stamp set.
I have a new host code for September…all the details can be found HERE. The host code is located on the right sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day.