The Tic Tac Toe Challenge has really kept my creative juices flowing and this week is no exception. Take a look at this week’s board.
I chose the right column down: baby, die-cut/punch, embossing
I’ve been itching to use A Little Wild stamp set and this challenge gave me a good opportunity. It’s such an adorable set along with the coordinating Little Loves framelits. Both are available as a bundle in the Annual Catalog.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock and measures 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″.
- A piece of Powder Pink card stock cut at 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ was embossed with the new Quilt Top embossing folder available in the Holiday Catalog.
- The quilt block is made with the Quilt Builders framelits and Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper.
- This layer is adhered to the Powder Pink card stock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A piece of Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon wrapped around with a delicate little bow adds even more sweetness.
- The adorable baby elephant is stamped in Black Archival ink and colored with Smoky Slate and Powder Pink ink pads and a blender pen.
- The little flower is also from A Little Wild stamp set and is hand cut with a pearl attached and also adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Lastly, the sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. I chose this sentiment because of the lovely font. It’s stamped in Black Archival ink and cut with the Bunch of Banners framelits.
- The inside sentiment also comes from A Little Wild stamp set, as do the little flowers, which were colored with Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Because of the odd shape card, I created an envelope using the Envelope Punch Board and decorated the flap with a piece of Fresh Floral Designer Series Paper.
I love how dainty and sweet this card turned out for a sweet baby girl. You could easily adapt it for a boy by changing the colors and/or the stamp image. I think I will be back soon with a baby boy card to go with this one. In the meantime, I’m just enjoying this little baby boy so much….my grandson, Jack!
I hope you’ll hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and check out the rest of the design team’s projects as well as all the wonderful entries. If you haven’t already, I also hope that you’ll join us with your project. The boards are a lot of fun and offer so much inspiration.