Welcome to the Pals October 2017 Blog Hop featuring some very “Wicked Folds”. Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals treat you with their wickedly folded projects. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I usually don’t stray to far from the usual A2 cards but was happy to do something a little different. My gatefold card is not that unusual but does create a somewhat different card.
Here’s the details
- The Very Vanilla thick card stock card base is cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 2 1/8″ on each side of the 8 1/2″ side. This leaves two panels on each side to create the “gate”.
- I cut two panels measuring 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ of Basic Black card stock and layered that with a pattern from Spooky Night Designer Series Paper cut 1/8″ smaller on each gate panel.
- To create the centerpiece, I used the Layering Ovals Framelits and cut an oval from Basic Black card stock and a scalloped oval from Pumpkin Pie card stock along with a Very Vanilla oval cut from the Stitched Shapes Framlits and layered all three.
- The funny pumpkins were hand cut from another pattern in the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper collection and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment, from the Spooky Cat stamp set, is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- I cut the sentiment and a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock using the Bunch of Banners Framelits and squared the left side.
- I colored a few pearls with a black sharpie and added to them to the banner.
- When gluing the centerpiece on, make sure to only glue it to the top panel so the card will open.
- A little more DSP and a strip of card stock add some interest to the envelope flap.
This is such a simple fold but really does give the card a more fun feel.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on November 8, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment.