Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I had an amazing weekend filled with fun, food and, most importantly, friendship with my stampin’ sorority sisters, Susan, Jeanie, Ramsey and Deb. We spent the weekend holed up in Ramsey’s lovely home in Annapolis stamping our little hearts out! There is just so much more to this wonderful hobby than making cards!
Even though I really like the Designer Series Paper collections in the Holiday Catalog, sometimes it’s fun to create your own backgrounds. This card features stamped images from the Count My Blessings stamp set which I colored with Stampin’ Markers.
Here’s the measurements
- Very Vanilla thick card stock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2
- Soft Suede card stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Very Vanilla card stock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
Here’s the details
- The Very Vanilla card stock is randomly stamped with images from Count My Blessings stamp set. I especially like the acorn and oak leaf image.
- After stamping and coloring the images with Stampin’ Write markers, I added the little dots to fill in the some of the white space.
- Using two of the Layered Ovals framelits, I cut the stamped panel and the Soft Suede panel to create the sentiment window.
- The sentiment is from the Merry Little Labels stamp set available in the Holiday Catalog and is stamped in Soft Suede ink.
- After stamping the sentiment onto the card base, I popped the Soft Suede and stamped panels with Stampin’ Dimensionals onto the card base to create a more dimensional effect.
- The inside sentiment is also from Count My Blessings stamp set and stamped in Soft Suede ink.
- A small strip of DSP from Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper adds a bit of interest.
- This is an example of a card that can be used for many occasions…thank you, thinking of you, thank you, friendship, thanksgiving or simply just because.
There’s still a couple of weeks left to take advantage of Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper Sale. Check out the flyer HERE.
I hope you are looking forward to a wonderful week ahead. It looks like we may finally be getting a taste of fall weather here this week and I am so looking forward to that!