I love when Thursdays roll around because that means a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge. The challenge boards NEVER disappoint and ALWAYS provide so much inspiration. Creating a card for this challenge is such a fun exercise in creativity. Here’s this week’s board…
I chose the third row across: fall, pumpkin, autumn and then realized that I also incorporated the third column down: geometric shapes, layers, autumn.
I’ve seen these pumpkins made with ovals for some time on Pinterest and finally got around to creating one myself. Most of the pumpkin is created using Designer Series Paper. I’ll break it down in the details below.
Here’s the details
- The A2 (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) card base is Chocolate Chip card stock.
- The pattern from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper is cut at 5 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ and glued to the left side of the card 1/4″ from the edge.
- A 5 1/4″ x 2″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock is glued 1/4″ from the right side of the card leaving a 1/4″ space of Chocolate Chip card stock.
- To create the pumpkin, I sponged a pattern from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper with Pumpkin Pie ink. This was an easy way to give the pumpkin a more realistic look. The pumpkin stem is hand cut from another pattern from Wood Textures DSP.
- I then cut three ovals from the Layering Ovals Framelits and layered them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A pattern from Color Theory DSP is sponged with Pear Pizzazz ink and punched with the Leaf Punch for the leaves.
- The flourish was cut using a die from My Favorite Things with Crumb Cake card stock.
- I added the pumpkin to a mat of Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip card stock cut from stitched rectangle dies (non-SU) with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.
- The inside sentiment, from the Painted Harvest stamp set is so appropriate for a Thanksgiving card and any card expressing gratitude. It’s also stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.
- A little more Designer Series Paper from the Painted Autumn collection is a pretty way to embellish the inside of the card.
- More DSP on the envelope flap prettily ties everything together.
I’ll add this to my growing collection of Thanksgiving cards as this is one of my favorite holidays to send cards. Who am I kidding, I love to send cards for ANY occasion!
I hope that you’ll head over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge to check out the rest of the Design Team’s wonderful creations. While you’re there, I also hope that you’ll join in with your own creation!
I used several different Designer Series Paper collections on this card and ALL of them are included in the month long special that Stampin’ Up! is offering. Check out the flyer HERE.
I really love this card. It is so creative and imaginative. Very inspirational!
Thanks very much, Karren…your kind comments are so appreciated!
Your card caught my eye over at TTTC and wanted to say how much I love it! Cute way to make the pumpkin and I love that flourish!
Love this card, Rosanne. Great idea to sponge onto the Wood Textures cardstock for the pumpkin! The flourish is adorable too!
Love the pumpkin card; great idea ?