I’m a little bit of a stickler about not rushing and truly trying to enjoy each season. But now…I’ll officially start creating for Christmas. I don’t really feel a lot of pressure or urgency when it comes to the Christmas Season but do thoroughly enjoy preparing for it.
Today I have two different cards I created for a Shoebox Swap a few weeks ago.
The card layouts are exactly the same:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock A2 card base.
- Whisper White card stock cut 1/4″ smaller and stamped in Crumb Cake ink with the Hardwood stamp.
- Basic Black card stock cut at 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- The pine branch spray is cut from the Pretty Pines Thinlits with a Year of Cheer embellishment.
- I cut the letters from the Large Letters framelits twice: once with the buffalo check pattern found in the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper collection and again using some fun foam for added dimension.
- The letters are glued directly to the Basic Black card stock.
- On this version, I stamped the sentiment from Snowflake Sentiments stamp set with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. It actually looks like it was written in chalk on a chalkboard. Perfect for a teacher!
- The inside sentiment is from my non-SU collection and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler. I really liked that it coordinated with the JOY on the front of one of the cards and I also love the font!
- Each envelope flap is embellished with more DSP…always a nice little touch!
Well, I guess I’m off and running with my Christmas cards. I know I’m going to really enjoy digging into some of the new stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog as well as some of my older favorites that carried over in the Annual Catalog.
The new Stampin’ Blends are available beginning today. I have the collection and have been practicing with them. They are so effortless to use and the results are amazing. I really enjoy coloring. It’s very relaxing for me and these markers make it just that much more!
HERE’S the brochure where you can check out the colors and coordinating card kits along with some basic coloring tips. If you have any questions about these, I’ll be happy to help.
Since it’s also a new month, I’ve added a new Hostess code to the sidebar. You can read all the details regarding the hostess codes and my monthly incentives HERE. Since the release of the Stampin’ Blends this month, I will be sending everyone who orders $75 or more, a FREE Memento Ink Pad. This is the recommended ink to use with alcohol markers to avoid bleeds.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your November is off to a wonderful start!