Taking a break from holiday card making today to show you this special anniversary card I made for a VERY special anniversary. A friend and her husband are celebrating this wonderful milestone in early December and I wanted to create a pretty, golden card for the occasion.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Very Vanilla thick card stock with an overlay pattern from the Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper. This collection offers such pretty patterns in Soft Sky and Blushing Bride with a Gold Foil pattern on the other side of each.
- The center panel is Gold Foil cut at 4″ x 3″ with a mat of Very Vanilla cut 1/8″ smaller.
- HINT….Before adhering the Very Vanilla layer, I cut the numbers from the Gold Foil panel. This is a great tip for saving paper, especially the “special” paper.
- The sentiment is from the Best Birds stamp set and is heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
- As I stated above, I cut the numbers out using the Large Numbers framelits once in Gold Foil and then again three more times in Very Vanilla thick card stock and stacked them for a more dimensional look.
- The Large Number framelits are so handy for occasions like this as well as special birthdays.
- The ribbon and bow are made from a ribbon from last year’s Sale-a-bration catalog. I’m always happy to be able to use up my retired products, especially ribbon.
- After the ribbon is adhered, I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to raise the panel on the card base.
- The inside sentiment is also from a retired stamp set, Falling For You. I just had to use this because the sentiment is so perfect for this card and occasion. It’s stamped in Soft Suede ink.
It’s hard for me to capture a good photograph with the Gold Foil but this card came out exactly how I envisioned it…and that doesn’t always happen!
Today’s the big day……
Click HERE to download the Extravaganza List and see a sneak peek of what is going to be on sale November 20 – 26, 2017!
I hope you have a great day and that you’re looking forward to this short work week.