Happy Monday…I hope you are ready for another week leading up to the holidays. I also hope that you’re enjoying the preparations and finding a little time for stamping and relaxing. Because we all know they go hand in hand…stamping and relaxing, that is!
I had a wonderful weekend from start to finish. Friday night, a friend and I went to see a local theatre production of A Christmas Carol. The acting was fabulous, the theatre was so rustic and pretty and the company was great! Saturday was my gift card and tag stamping class. We had a fun time creating some very cute projects which I will share in the coming days. And Sunday was another day spent stamping and chatting away with a friend. Oh and in between, the house got decorated and the Christmas tree put up. Now that’s a well spent weekend!
Today’s card features a holiday stamp set that came out in last year’s Holiday Catalog and made it into the Annual Catalog, Hang Your Stocking. The stamp set and coordinating framelits make such cute little stockings and are loaded with adorable accessories.
Here’s the details
- The A2 card base is my go-to Whisper White thick card stock.
- The next layer is Crumb Cake card stock which I cut using a non-SU stitched rectangle die. I am hoping for some stitched rectangles from Stampin’ Up!
- To create the dotted pattern on the Crumb Cake layer, I simply added the dots with a white gel pen.
- I wrapped a few rows of thin gingham real red ribbon (retired) around the Crumb Cake panel before adhering it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card base. You could just as easily use a piece of Designer Series Paper for this also.
- The stocking is cut out using a thinlit and a pattern from the Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper collection. I did a little faux stitching on the toe and heel with the gel pen. It’s also popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Pretty Pines Thinlits, I cut a variety of pine boughs and leaves to create a little bouquet and tucked them in behind the stocking using mini glue dots.
- A little gingham bow is a sweet way to finish the stocking.
- The sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes, is stamped in Real Red ink, punched with the Classic Label punch.
- The sentiment is also from Hang Your Stocking stamp set and is stamped in Real Red ink.
- A pattern from Quilted Christmas DSP was perfect to finish the inside and the envelope.
I think this card has such a sweet, country feel to it.
I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Stampin’ Up! is offering a one-day FREE SHIPPING promotion and that day is TODAY!
Couple this with the Year End Sale going on now and you will save $$$. It’s the perfect time to stock up on the basics or to get those retiring products that will be gone after 12/31. You can see the Year End Sale HERE.
Thanks very much for stopping by today and I hope you are heading into a wonderful week!