It’s Tic Tac Toe Thursday! Here’s this week’s fun new challenge…
I chose the third column diagonal: vellum, patterned paper, heat embossed
I created this thank you for a very special stamping friend. Since she is also a Stampin’ Up! demo, I wanted to send her something she may not have already seen.
Here’s the details
- The A2 (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) card base is Blushing Bride card stock.
- The next over-lay is a retired SU vellum pattern.
- The center panel is a frame of Blushing Bride, Gold Foil and Whisper White and is adhered to the vellum layer.
- I love flowers. However, since there are very few that can be grown during the winter months in PA, I love to cultivate Amaryllis and Paper Whites during the holidays. So naturally, I loved this stamp set from Wplus9. They always remind me of my Dad, who grew these each year from the same bulbs and they just got lovelier each year. I’m not always as successful as my Dad was but I never stop trying.
- I stamped the flower in Momento ink and colored just the bulb, leaves and stems with Stampin’ Blends. The flower is stamped again on a piece of scrap Whisper White. I colored the flower and hand cut it to layer over the stamped image with Stampin Dimensionals to create a pretty 3D effect.
- The bloom is also coated with Clear Wink of Stella for a pretty shimmer.
- The sentiment, from One Big Meaning stamp set, is stamped in Versa Mark on vellum and embossed in gold embossing powder.
- The inside is stamped with another sentiment from One Big Meaning stamp set and with another colored image from the Amaryllis stamp set.
- A simple trim of card stock and gold foil paper adds a little touch of elegance.
- Digging into more retired product, I found this Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper that I thought would work well as an envelope liner using the also retired Envelope Liner Framelits. Some products just have to stay with me and these framelits are definitely one of them!
Even though I took a stroll off the SU path, I hope you enjoyed this card! Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you’ll check out the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week and perhaps even join us!