Today I’m playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and there’s still time for you to play along also. The challenge boards offer so much inspiration that it’s easy to come up with an idea. It’s like half the work is already done for you! Here’s the latest challenge board:
I chose the third row diagonal: Friend, Neutral, Sparkle
Here’s the details
- I cut this card a little differently than the usual A2 card. The Smoky Slate card stock measures 8″ x 5 1/2″ and is scored at 4 1/4″.
- A strip of Basic Gray card stock and a piece of retired Pink Pirouette DSP, each cut 1/4″ wide were added, leaving an open 1/2″.
- Once again, I’m using the gorgeous flower from the Amazing You stamp set along with the coordinating, Celebrate You thinlits. Both are available FREE during Sale-a-bration. Each of these products are pretty terrific on their own but when you pair them, they are outstanding and can be used in so many different ways.
- I stamped the flower image onto a piece of DSP in Old Olive ink and used the same technique I used on THIS card to create the flower focal point. The flower image was cropped onto a framelit from the Lot of Labels framelits.
- The flowers were colored in Pink Pirouette using Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. I also used Clear Wink of Stella on them. It’s a shame that Wink of Stella doesn’t photograph well because it does add such a pretty sparkle to the card.
- Before adhering the image to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals, I cut a Delicate White Doilie in half and tucked it behind the label.
- The “amazing” was cut from the Celebrate You thinlits in some retired Brushing Bride glitter paper. I hang onto all the glitter paper that comes out and horde every little piece for projects just like this.
- Lastly, I stamped the “you” in Basic Black ink directly to the Smoky Slate card base.
- The inside sentiment is from the Basket of Wishes stamp set found in the Annual Catalog.
- I made sure that the Whisper White inside panel was positioned so that it didn’t show when the card was closed.
- Another strip of DSP adds a pretty touch to the inside as well as to the inside of the envelope. I still use the retired Envelope Framelits for this.
- I find that I’ve been using more retired items lately. My thoughts are that all the new products are fabulous and fun and I love working with them. But sometimes they only get better when paired with some old favorites. So you have them…why not use them!
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope if you haven’t already stopped by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week, that you’ll take a look and join in….
I have a few more projects using the Amazing You stamp set. In the meantime though, you can get the Amazing You stamp set FREE when you placed a $50 order and the Celebrate You Thinlits FREE when you place a $100 order during Sale-a-Bration. You can see all the products available HERE.
Take care and I hope you are heading into a wonderful week,