Hooray…it’s Tic Tac Toe Thursday!
I really look forward to creating for this challenge and love the elements that each board presents. One reason for this is that there is so much inspiration on the board which really stretches your creativity. I usually to study the board for a bit and try to come up with a few different ideas before settling on my actual card.
The card I thought I settled on for today’s challenge actually turned into a completely different card for a completely different occasion. This happens to me quite often and I’m always happy when it results in a pretty project.
I chose the left row diagonal: Pink, Ribbon, Square. I originally set out to create a Valentine card using the beautiful heart die but somehow just couldn’t get my vision to work so a sweet little baby card happened instead! I pulled together a lot of products from different sources but they all seemed to work well together.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock and the pink gingham pattern is from a My Favorite Things 6 x 6 paper pad. The gingham is the square on the challenge board. I popped the pattern up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Spellbinders Lace Hearts dies created the intricate heart. It’s actually 2 different dies used to create the heart. I’ve had these dies for a very long time and usually only pull them out around Valentine’s Day, but obviously they can be used for other occasions.
- The pink bow is retired SU ribbon from a long time ago.
- I think that little bear is just adorable! He comes from a My Favorite Things stamp and die set called Somebunny I Love. Since I’m a new grandmom, I needed a cute set like this. He’s colored lightly with Stampin’ Blends markers and also popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from the Stampin’ Up! set Better Together available in the Annual Catalog. I cut it out using a die from the new Petals and More Thinlits. I love when a set of framelits come with a label die. They are always so handy!
- I pulled out another retired Stampin’ Up! set for the inside sentiment. It’s from the Made with Love stamp set.
So there you have what I intended to be a pretty Valentine card but ended up a sweet Baby card. Why not hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge to see the fantastic projects my design teammates have come with. And I hope you’ll be inspired to play along with us this week…it really is a lot of fun!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope your day goes well!