Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I’m continuing my week long posts featuring the Lots of Happy Card Kit. I am getting so much mileage from this kit and as I mentioned in my previous posts, I only purchased the card kit refill and not the entire kit. I really didn’t think I needed the stamp set that went along with this kit. We all know that most of Stampin’ Up! stamp sets have very useful sentiments along with the fantastic images, so I decided to improvise and use the sentiments I already had. I must say I had no problem with that!
My project today are candy boxes filled with Merci chocolates.
Here’s the details
- I used the new Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper available in the Occasions Catalog for the Calypso Coral and Rich Razzleberry boxes and a pattern from the Birthday Memories collection in the Annual Catalog for the Daffodil Delight box.
- The boxes were super simple to make. The bottom of the box is cut from a coordinating color of card stock and measures 4″ x 4 1/16″.
- The top is cut from Designer Series Paper and measures 4″ x 4 1/8″.
- Both top and bottom are scored at 1/2″ on all 4 sides. I also notched two sides using the 1/2″ circle punch for easy opening.
- I cut a circle in the top of the box and added a window sheet to create the window.
- The floral image is from the Lots of Happy card kit and is colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- I used the same size circle die from the Layering Circles framelits to cut the center from the image and adhered it over the window on the box.
- Another circle die created the frame.
- The banner and sentiment are from the Bloomin’ Love stamp set and the banner is cut with a die from the Large Numbers framelits. This set has been around for several catalogs and I think it is one of the best sets for Valentine’s Day and beyond.
- The sentiment on the Daffodil Delight box is from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set. See what I mean about always being able to find sentiments that work in your sets!
- I also wanted to show you how perfectly the 4 Merci chocolates fit in these boxes…you would think they were custom made…LOL!
These boxes come together so quickly and make the sweetest little gifts for just about any occasion and can be embellished in so many different ways! I’ll be back tomorrow with yet another project featuring the Lots of Happy Card Kit refill. I hope you’ll join me!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple