I hope your week is off to a good start on this holiday Monday. I have a quick but fun post today. I mentioned this before that my upline, Susan Itell sends her team some card pieces each month and challenges us to come up with a project using her ingredients. Susan calls them “card guts”! Well I forgot to take a picture of the guts I received before I put my card together but I can tell you that it came from the December Paper Pumpkin kit.
So now that you can see the kit, you’ll be able to see what I received. Here’s the card I came up with…
Here’s the details
- My kit included 2 of the Lemon Lime Twist leaf panels along with the card base and another plain piece of Whisper White card stock. I’m not exactly sure what color the card base is as it’s a little darker than Crumb Cake.
- With the Whisper White card stock, I sponged Soft Sky ink to create an illusion of the sky. I like to think my cute little panda is hiding up in the trees.
- I simply added the Lemon Lime Twist over the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- This adorable panda is included in a FREE set from the Sale-a-bration Catalog that you can earn with a $50 purchase. He’s stamped in Basic Black and hand cut, then tucked in between the leaves.
- The butterflies are from the retired set, Papillon Potpourri. I colored them with Stampin’ Write Markers and punched them with the retired Bitty Butterfly punch. These are adhered with mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is from A Little Wild stamp set available in the Annual Catalog and is cut using a retired framelit from the Baker’s Box framlits.
- I cut a leaf frond from the other Lemon Lime Twist panel in my kit to embellish the envelope.
I really love this monthly challenge of Susan’s. When I open the envelope and see the pieces, my first thought is “what am going to do with this”! But when I sit down with it, the ideas just start to flow. And Susan being the kind and generous person she is, always includes a wonderful little surprise as well!
Thanks for stopping by today and if you have the day off from work today (like me), I hope it’s an enjoyable one!