Thursdays are always fun for the simple reason that there’s a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge board to play along with.
Today’s board hints at Valentine’s Day and that’s exactly where I went with it. I chose the first column down: Sentiment, Free, Ribbon.
Here’s the details
- The A2 card base is Real Red card stock with a mat of Whisper White cut 1/8″ smaller.
- The adorable puppy, from the Bella and Friends stamp set, is stamped in Black Memento ink and colored with a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend Marker.
- Using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set, I stamped the clouds around the puppy in Soft Sky ink. I think they look so soft and puffy.
- I used an old Martha Stewart balloon punch to punch two balloons from some retired Real Red DSP and one from Real Red card stock. These balloons were just the perfect size.
- The sentiment on the Real Red balloon is from the FREE Sale-a-bration set, Party Pandas and again was just the right size for the balloon. I heat embossed it with White Embossing powder.
- The balloons were popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A sweet little bow completes the balloon bouquet!
- The sentiment is from a non SU stamp and is stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.
- I added a 1/4″ strip of DSP to either side of the Whisper White card stock on the inside.
- The inside sentiment is from a long retired Stampin’ Up! set called Nice Mice. This set dates back to 1998…20 years old and still useful!
- A polka dot pattern on the envelope flaps just adds to the fun!
I really enjoyed making this card because I was thinking of the little guy I will be sending it to for his 1st Valentine’s Day! My grandson, Jack is already a dog lover and likes hanging out with his big puppy, Rigby.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you’ll check out the terrific projects over at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week and play along with us!