Today’s card is yet another example of the versatility of the Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit. This kit is probably one of the best values in the Occasions Catalog. This kit is jam-packed with printed and vellum die cuts, foil numbers, washi tape, tassels, clothes pins and velvet ribbon all for just $11.00. Pair these items with card stock and/or DSP and you have so many possibilities for fabulous cards and most of the work is already done for you! Check it out HERE.
Here’s the project details
- The card base is Whisper White thick card stock with a mat of Old Olive card stock cut 1/8″ smaller. Another mat of regular Whisper White card stock is cut an additional 1/8″ smaller.
- The striped pattern from the Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper collection measures 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″. A 1/4″ strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock is glued above the striped panel.
- I used the Washi Tape included with the Embellishment kit and ran it between the DSP and Flirty Flamingo strip. I think it adds a pretty detail.
- The flower spray are two die cuts from the kit that I trimmed to create the look I wanted. They’re popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used a non-SU sentiment for the front. I just love the scripty font.
- A few translucent pink sequins added a bit more sparkle.
- I used another non-SU sentiment for the inside as I’m sending this to a friend who really needs both peace and strength.
- A strip of DSP decorates the side along with another die cut from the kit.
- I mimicked the design on the front of the card for the front of the envelope.
I think this will be a pretty pick-me-up for my friend. We all love making cards but knowing they will brighten someone’s day is just a wonderful feeling. This is such an awesome hobby filled with creativity as well as kindness…why not share it!
Here’s a couple more cards I recently made using the Sweet Soiree Embellishment kit and I still have a lot of embellishments left to complete even more. You can also see from the Product List below that this card really took minimal supplies to make…the kit did most of the work! You can purchase your own kit HERE.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this kit. Are you as excited about it as I am? Also, if you’re not currently working with a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I would love to be yours. Just email me at rosanne@heartfeltstamping and we can chat. Thanks so much for stopping by today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Tic Tac Toe Challenge.