Have you been playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge? The challenge boards are so much fun and filled with lots of inspiration to really get the creative juices flowing.
I chose the third column down: celebrate, floral, include ribbon.
This is another card that came to life using the Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit along with the Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Paper. I’ve really enjoyed pairing these two products. The kit has so many pretty elements and the DSP just ties everything together beautifully.
Here’s the details
- The A2 (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) card base is Whisper White thick card stock.
- The next layer is a pattern from the Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP and is cut 1/8″ smaller.
- For the stitched frame, I used a non-SU die that was perfect for creating the shaker pocket. It’s cut from Dazzling Diamonds paper.
- After creating the shaker pocket, I filled it with silver and clear sequins.
- Here’s a hint! To keep all the sequins from falling to the bottom of the pocket, I glued a few of them directly to the card.
- Using a cake image from the Sweet Soiree Embellishment kit, I simply colored it with Stampin’ Write Markers and added a few more vellum embellishments along with a bow created with the Whisper White 3/8″ Metallic Edge Ribbon.
- Easy, Peasy! To finish the cake off, I added the numbers, also from the embellishment kit. It really doesn’t get any easier than that!
- A pretty card deserves a pretty envelope! The envelope flap is embossed using the Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folder which is available in the Occasions Catalog. And using a thin strip of DSP ties the card and envelope tighter nicely.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge to see the fabulous cards the Design Team have created for this week’s challenge. While you’re over there, I also hope that you’ll join in with your own creation. It really is a lot of fun!