Today is my sweet, sensitive and extremely artistic daughter, Lauren’s birthday. She loves butterflies and has a Papillon (which means butterfly) puppy so naturally butterflies are a good choice for her card.
I used this layout on a card I did HERE last week and decided not to recreate the wheel. I just changed the color scheme, patterned paper and sentiment and the card felt new and different.
Here’s the details
- The card base is Basic Black card stock and the pretty paisley patterned paper (say that 3x fast!) is a design from a Graphic 45 paper collection.
- I followed the same method to create the card as in my other post HERE.
- The sentiment and die are from a Clearly Besotted set and are stamped in Basic Black ink on Crushed Curry card stock.
- I mentioned before that I buy individual color packages of sequin and create my own combinations. That’s what I did here, mimicking the colors in the patterned paper.
- The shaker aspect makes the card so much more colorful and fun. I’ve been having a lot of fun recently with shaker cards HERE and HERE.
- The inside sentiment is a non-SU stamp set. I think sentiments are so important on cards and have been trying to collect different sets.
- The envelope flap is embellished with the flip side of the patterned paper…that was easy!
This card is just like my sweet yet spunky Lauren!
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.