Hi All…I know it’s been a long time since you’ve had a post from me. It’s been a whirlwind summer for Steve and I. We decided to put our house up for sale just to “see” if it would sell. Well it did…in only 4 hours with a 30 day settlement. Needless to say, we needed to find a new home and pack up 25 years of memories. We did it and are happily settled in our new home in a different county of PA. Because we moved a good distance from where we lived, I needed to leave my job at the community library. I really enjoyed working there and was sad to leave. However, I began working at the local Middle School library two weeks ago. Just like stamping, libraries are in my blood.
There are still many boxes to unpack and I don’t have my stamping area set up yet but I really missed stamping. I set up a makeshift area in a spare bedroom and dug out some of my supplies. It feel so good to be back to stamping!
Onto my projects…..
Today, I created two cards from the same stamp set, Animal Outing and the coordinating Animal Friends thinlits dies. This bundle is one of my favorite from the Annual Catalog and I knew I needed to start creating with it. I also used the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper. The patterns in this collection are so whimsical and fun. I can already see a few more cards coming from this collection.
Let’s start with the sweet Hippo.
- The card base is a Whisper White A2 (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) card. The next layer is Berry Burst card stock measuring 1/8″ smaller. This layer is glued directly to the card base.
- Another piece of Whisper White card stock is cut an additional 1/8″ smaller. I really like how the thin margins give just a hint of a colored border.
- Using a straight edge circle from the Layering Circles framelits, I cut an opening in the smaller Whisper White layer. Then created a Berry Burst frame from a scalloped circle die.
- Next I cut a piece of Designer Series Paper that would fit behind the window and glued it to the Berry Burst card stock.
- The Whisper White card stock is adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Berry Burst layer. This created just enough “lift”.
- The little Hippo is stamp in Memento Black ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends and then popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped two sentiments from the Animal Outing stamp set onto a thin banner and added a couple of leaf branches, which were cut using a die from Animal Friends thinlits.
- Since I could only find my pearls, I colored one with the Stampin’ Blends to add to the banner.
- For the inside sentiment on both cards, I used the stamp set, A Little Wild.
- A little strip of DSP and card stock give the inside of the card some more sweetness.
- The envelope flap is embellished with another pattern from Animal Expedition DSP.
Onto the precious Kangaroo & Koala…
- This card is created using the same method as the Hippo card except with the Layering Squares framelits.
- I used Granny Apple Green card stock for this card and another adorable pattern from the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper collection.
- The stamps in this set are simply so sweet and just make me smile!
- For the envelope flap, I used a Granny Apple Green pattern from the Brights 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper.
I had such a good time creating both of these cards and think they are a nice break from the traditional pink and blue baby cards.
I’m so happy to be back in the stamping saddle. Thanks so much for hanging in there with me during my move. I’m looking forward to getting back to posting on a more frequent schedule again.