I have a few Valentine cards to share before the big day on Thursday. I created this one for my husband. This is the only masculine Valentine I needed to make, not counting my grandson, Jack who just gets a really cute one! I do have two really great son-in-laws but they are happy to get a sweet treat as opposed to a mushy card from me!
I’ve been using the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty paper a lot lately. This paper is so versatile and offers so many detailed cut outs. The intricate details on each panel can be used in so many ways to easily create unique backgrounds. I used a piece of the lattice behind the heart cut out for a little more interest.
Here are a few details…
- Basic Black card stock is layered directly to an A2 card base.
- A piece of Whisper White card stock is cut using the largest of the Stitched Rectangles framelits.
- Then using two of the heart framelits from the Be Mine Stitched framelits, I created the center heart.
- Next this layer was run through the big shot with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
- Black ribbon was wrapped around this layer.
- The sentiment is cut from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits using Real Red card stock.
- As mentioned above, I used a piece of the lattice pattern from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty paper, I adhered it to the back of the cut-out heart.
- After positioning the embossed layer on the black panel, I glued the gingham pattern from the Botanical Butterfly DSP directly to the black panel behind the heart cut-out.
- Lastly, the white embossed panel is adhered to the black panel with dimensionals.
I went outside the box for this wonderful sentiment. It’s actually two sentiments from Simon Says Stamps, Loving Hearts stamp set. This set has such great sentiments. I really feel like sentiments should be just as important on a card as the stamped image in conveying your message.
If this card looked a little familiar, I used the same color palette and pattern on this card HERE
Thanks for stopping by!